Photovoltaic in Nigeria
Establishment of an online information portal for PV diesel hybrid solutions in Nigeria
Nigeria is Africa's most populous country and third largest economy. Nearly half of Nigerian citizens live in cities and generate a correspondingly high energy demand. But only 40% of urban and 10% of rural residents have access to electricity. In many cases, diesel generators are used to generate electricity. The exact number of installed capacity is not known, the estimates vary between 8 and 14 gigawatts.
Due to the high level of solar radiation, PV solutions as a decentralized solution for self-generated electricity are in most cases more economically viable than the operation of diesel or gasoline generators.
Against this background, and as a result of the first ´Let´s make solar work´ trainings in November 2017 and ENABLING PV seminar in December 2017, both occurred in Lagos, consultants from ideas into energy and eclareon have joined forces with the Renewable Energy Association of Nigeria (REAN) and numerous other partners from Nigeria and Germany to promote the spread of PV diesel hybrid solutions in Nigeria. For this purpose, a free information portal will be provided online with
- basic information about photovoltaics as a reliable solution for the power supply,
- sample projects of diesel-PV-hybrid plants successfully realized in Nigeria or Africa,
- an interactive online tool to calculate the profitability of a PV investment,
- a list of qualified EPCs for planning and installing these solutions,
- a telephone hotline for further questions, which is independently supported by REAN.
|Client / Financing:||
germany [at] eclareon.com
ma [at] eclareon.com